A Survey Of Historic Homes & Building In The Old Village Of Mt.
The home at 217 Bennett Street was built cir. 1850 in the town of Mt. Pleasant according to the historical survey conducted in 1984. It is known as the Tew House. It is the only 19th century brick house in Mt. Pleasant and was built by Henry Tew. The house was purchased in the 1890's as a residence for the dean of the Lutheran seminary, Rev. Dr. A.G. Voigt. The house was sold in 1911 when the seminary moved to Columbia, S.C. The current tax records indicate that the home has approximately 5219 square feet of living space with 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths. The tax records indicate a construction date of 1803.
Historic Home Survey By Street
Historic Homes For Sale In The Old Village Of Mt. Pleasant SC
Agent Owned Realty 824 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Office Direct: 843-725-5009 Fax: 843-725-6545