A Survey Of Historic Homes & Building In The Old Village Of Mt.
The home at 200 Bank Street was built cir. 1858 in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant. When last sold in August of 1995 for $582,500 it was reported as having approximately 2447 square feet of living space with 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. It has been extensively updated since than and is currently on the market ( as of October 2010) for $2,995,000.
The rear of 200 Bank Street
200 Bank Street was originally the Mt. Pleasant Lighkeepers house and built cir 1860 according to the 1984 historic survey. There is a brick shed on the property cir. 1910 and a frame shed cir. 1930. It was built by the United States Government. In 1985 it was owned by Mr. Jack Mauldin. The home is not listed on the 1858 map of Mt. Pleasant but the lot was bought by the U.S. Government in 1857 and the house built soon thereafter. The home was sold by the U.S. in 1946. A dock originally ran from in front of the house into the Harbor as the light-keeper was responsible for lighting the kerosene lamp channel markers.
The view of the Charleston Harbor and the Charleston Historic district from the rear porch.
Historic Home Survey By Street
Historic Homes For Sale In The Old Village Of Mt. Pleasant SC
Agent Owned Realty 824 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Office Direct: 843-725-5009 Fax: 843-725-6545