A Survey Of Historic Homes & Building In The Old Village Of Mt.
The home at 206 Live Oak Street is known as the Captain Peter Lewis House. It was built cir. 1850 in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant. When last sold in December of 2009 for $1,475,000, it was reported as having approximately 4000 sq. ft. of living space with 5 bedrooms & 3 1/2 baths. It is listed on the 1860 plat map of the town of Mt. Pleasant. The Lewis operated several ships in and around Charleston in the 19th century. The home was built near the site of the bucket factory. The front of the home was originally the rear but changed in the early 1900s when the porches were added according to the 1984 historic survey.
A 1972 "Preservation Society of Charleston" Publication speculated that the house was built by John Hamlin about 1861 when he acquired the property. A local story has the house built by the women of Mt. Pleasant while the men were off fighting in the Civil War.
Historical Home Survey By Street
Historic Homes For Sale In The Old Village Of Mt. Pleasant SC
Agent Owned Realty 824 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. Mount Pleasant, C 29464
Office Direct: 843-725-5009 Fax: 843-725-6545